律师事务所的客户服务在您开始客户接纳流程之前就开始了。事实上，买家旅程的第一个阶段始于你的目标客户意识到他们有一个你可以解决的问题。 Your buyer’s journey is also like a hero’s journey from many classic tales. Most lawyers make the mistake of making themselves the hero in the journey- you’re actually the guide and your client is the hero- you’re leading them up to the end result.
The buyer’s journey is the process your client goes through to find you, consider, and evaluate what you have to offer and to ultimately decide to purchase your service. And in this journey, lawyers all too often make themselves the “hero” rather than the guide.
Understanding your ideal client’s journey allows you to better serve them in every stage, and it starts even before they hire you. When you understand client journey mapping, you begin providing value and answers to their concerns in order to acquire the client. The client buyer’s journey includes five stages: awareness, consideration, hiring, engagement, retention.
- Awareness: In this stage, your client is learning more about you. They may or may not have a legal need at this time.
- Consideration: The client has a legal need and is deciding whether you’re the right choice for them.
- Hiring: The client decides to become your client and the client-attorney relationship begins.
- Engagement: During this time, your client is engaging with you and your law firm.
- Retention: Even after the legal matter reaches a resolution, you’ll want to maintain the business relationship.
To understand your ideal client’s buyer’s journey, interview both your current and potential clients to pinpoint how they found, considered, and chose you instead of the competition. Ask your clients questions such as:
- What original concern did you have that made you seek legal services?
- What methods did you use to research potential solutions?
- How did you decide which solution was right for you?
- What criteria did you use to evaluate law firm offerings?
By answering these questions, you’ll be able to dig deeper into your client’s journey and discover what you can do to make it a simpler process and enhance the client experience.
Designing Your Prices, Rates & Fees with Law Firm Client Service in Mind
When designing your prices, rates, and fees, consider your niche and what those clients need when seeking your services. Do they only want to pay for what they receive? Or, are they willing to pay a set rate for the promise of a solution? Do your research to discover what they want and then design accordingly.
What Are Your Competitors Charging?
You want to remain as competitive as possible, not undervaluing your services or asking for way too much. Conduct research by speaking with other attorneys in your area or looking into the industry average for similar services. For example, are firms in your area offering fee-based or free lawyer consultations?
As a solo or small law firm, you have plenty of options when it comes to your pricing structure. For example, offering unbundled legal services can be a more affordable option for your client, while securing work for you. Other options such as subscription-based models and flat fee structures give you more control.
Whichever you choose, make sure to weigh the pros and cons and research both your ideal client’s needs and your competition’s structure first.
Client Diversity, Access & Inclusion
Everything from your online presence to the way you conduct client intake should follow this simple rule: client service is for everyone—and they are expecting it. Your legal services should be accessible to every audience, including those with disabilities or non-native English speakers.
Around 57 million Americans have a disability. Out of that number, approximately 38 million have a severe disability. According to the Census Bureau, these individuals may have impairments that impact the accessibility of websites, apps, documents, and more.
例如，8.2%的人举不动或抓不住，影响了他们使用鼠标或键盘。大约810万人患有视力障碍，需要依靠屏幕放大镜或屏幕阅读器。作为一名独立律师或小型律师事务所，有必要问问自己，是什么让来自各行各业的读者更容易体验到客户的每一部分。遵循某些 律师事务所准入标准 帮助您为所有人设计更好的客户体验。
正是在这个情感上艰难的时期，专注于提供以客户为中心的服务的律师才能大放异彩。管理 律师事务所客户沟通 通过帮助您提供客户所需的通信类型，有效地将您从竞争对手中脱颖而出。
其次，确保你有一个与客户沟通的流程，尤其是当你独自一人时。任何人都不应从裂缝中跌落。利用 客户关系管理 （CRM）跟踪客户并使用客户门户的技术，以实现更好、更安全和更轻松的通信。以下是一些有效客户沟通的其他技巧。
- Set clear guidelines for client communication. As early as client intake, communicate with your client about expectations. Set clear guidelines on what communication method is best and when your client can expect it.
- Prepare in advance. For each meeting with a client, be sure to prepare in advance. This will help you stay on target and focused during your time with them.
- Schedule routine communication. Whether through email or via your client portal, make sure you’re communicating with your client on a consistent basis. It’s important that your client feels connected to you throughout the legal process.
Draft Client Communications and Legal Documents in a Reader-Centric Way
The legal industry is full of jargon that may roll right off your tongue, but it’s difficult for your clients. Around 50% of U.S. adults can read at an 8th-grade level. Above that, the percentage drops drastically. In fact, most U.S. adults read the best at a 3rd-5th-grade level. Most legal documents require a reading level of at least 12th grade to comprehend.
When it comes to client communications and legal documents, your client should understand what they’re reading to help avoid miscommunication and a bad experience. The easiest way to do this is to use plain language and focus on improving readability.
How to Enhance the Readability of a Document
Use a word processor to check the readability of your document. If it’s too high, use these tips to enhance the readability of your document or client communication:
- Use plain language. Avoid industry jargon where you can. This is especially helpful when writing emails to your clients. If you need to explain it, it’s not simple enough.
- Use short sentences and paragraphs. Keep sentences under 20 words and paragraphs to 3-4 sentences only.
- Avoid using passive voice. Use active voice instead.
- Use your white space and headings for easy skimming. When a client needs to skim a document, it’s hard when the text is pushed together. Use your white space and document headings to give them a break.
Client Intake, Onboarding & Delivery Experience
What better place to put your client-centered approach to work than at the very first touchpoint you have with your clients? Your law firm’s client intake process is the first place your clients truly get to see your services at work.
Fortunately, there are many ways to improve your client intake, onboarding, and delivery.
- Automate your client intake process. Client intake and CRM automation tools help you streamline the entire intake process. A faster intake equals faster service—a win for both you and your clients.
- Design a seamless client intake experience. Create a repeatable process system for each new client to keep your systems efficient with the use of law practice management software. Keep any intake forms simple and use task lists to ensure you receive everything you need to get a jumpstart on the work.
- Create a welcome package to onboard your clients. A welcome package complete with information about the legal matter, client tools, and the best way to reach you is a great way to go from intake to onboard.
- Consider using a virtual receptionist. If you’re a solo attorney or a small firm, using a virtual receptionist can help you keep track of client intake, communication, and necessary deliverables.
- Prepare for the initial interviews and ongoing communication in advance. That first interview is critical and sets the tone for the rest of the relationship. Prepare in advance by gathering pertinent information about the client and deciding what further information you need for success.
- Respond to client concerns quickly. In any service-oriented business, client communication is key. Respond to your clients promptly, even if you can’t do anything to fix or change a situation. Your response alone is enough in some cases.
维持高级律师事务所的最佳方式 客户满意 就是不断寻求反馈。这意味着，从你的录取到最终的可交付成果，都要征求反馈意见。收集客户反馈并根据客户反馈采取行动是任何业务的必要条件。
- 自讨苦吃。 这很简单。只要问问你的客户他们对你的流程有何感受，即使他们还参与其中。
- 发送退出调查。 在最终交付后，发送一份退出调查，并允许您的客户就您的服务向您提供诚实的反馈。如果他们第一次没有填写，请跟进。
- 询问您的社交媒体关注者。 收集反馈的间接方式是在社交媒体上向你的追随者提问，并让他们参与进来。例如，“你觉得律师事务所缺少什么？”
Learn More About Becoming Client-Centered With Lawyerist
Becoming a client-centered firm starts when you ask, “what do my clients need and how can I deliver it?” If you’ve asked yourself that question, know you’re not alone. In fact, there are many attorneys just like you, on a mission towards becoming client focused. As a Lawyerist Insider, you’ll have access to tools, information and other attorneys who can help you grow your firm. We’re all in this together.